Old 12-15-2021, 08:48 PM   #6
poulka
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: It's Time to Start Focusing on Areas Outside of Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmdjm
I actually agree with this, but this will likely be a universally panned opinion. No one is ever going to admit this, but Madden will never feature gameplay that the majority are satisfied with. However, who would complain if all of the things you just mentioned were added? If I got to vote, I'd vote on them taking a year off from making any additional gameplay improvements just to add all of those things in and then they can go back to gameplay since it seems like they can't do both. It's gameplay every year, and every year people complain about gameplay.

Why not fix things that everyone will be happy about? I'd also add to your list more presentation elements like a half-time and pre-game show. No matter how much they polish the gameplay, it's still going to feel like you're largely playing the same game if none of the other elements are ever improved/added.
I agree with this all the way. Let’s see full chain gang full ref crews.

But the dynamic/custom/combination weathers needs to be a must as well as dynamic time of day and dynamic fields. Can you imagine a Madden where no two games played will seem similar because of weather (by the way through in temperature) with different sand even with dynamic lighting a week 1 1:00 game game will look entirely different from a 1:00 week 17 game. Gives options to customize these things. Like us recreate an ice bowl game or the fog bowl. What happened to fog it was in Madden 02 but now is a distant memory. Even week 13 Monday game was frigid wind game. Give us these options. If one I know about these new consoles the environments look real and are dynamic. Even Forza horizon 5 a racing title has a living with simulataneous weather events. It is way past time to add these items. To me this is where has become stale.

Now I also agree with half time show and a weekly pre game day show highlighting league leaders, key matchups injury reports, even a fantasy segment based on your own living league. Give us something other click menu for daily tasks. Let Madden come alive. I agree gameplay is not there yet. But these other areas are decades behind.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

Last edited by poulka; 12-16-2021 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Incorrect wording