13whitebread
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL SERIES ANNOUNCERS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Hello there. Great post.
Old timer/old fart Off line Season Lifelong NHL nerd here.
With me, the last 4 years , despite the games opening months of bugs, patches, then re patches to fix the bugs that the new patches replaced cycle--(which just all become the norm of the game from Oct -Jan---the series`s epitaph will be "the Game of "what ifs"....

Every year the NHL shows so much promise, but then clangs the post on anempty net, because of "handy" options that existed in earlier versions, continue to be stripped away.
Eg...

The ability to edit Players attributes while actualy in Season/Franchise Mode!

Player Portraits missing on Players (yes I know about the waiver, but some of these players have been in the NHL 2 Seasons now)

Player Likenesss (or lack of)---and the inability to correct Players appearences, weights, heights etc (which was once a function years ago)

Roster Updates that override your Custom Rosters (so self defeating that adding in a new/missing player "play by play"audio in Roster , rather than patch!)

TV style presentation---simply rewind to NHL14 to see "what was once was was better than what whence forth lol)

I agree regarding the new Female commentary : Carrlyn Bathe --as much as some people dislike it, I do feel it brings something new to what had became rather stale commentary (although i would like a little more variety in her analysis)----and i love the "on ice" overlays....this is something that I hope is built on next year.

I realise that the developers are not focusing on my Age Group /Demographic, but surely the things we are seeking are not massive--EA could esily implement all these things, while still focusing on thier HUT Cash.

A good post--I enjoyed that
Agreed: Old Timer/ Old Fart 🥶

I am 52 not exactly in their crosshairs either again forever hopeful.

I always take a peek at the forums seeing how many are logged on and Hockey peak season is way behind other sports and I think that is why we don’t get more of what we do get. It’s all about the money that is generated it does make sense but still stinks.