Old 03-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #6
parkej13
Rookie

parkej13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NFL2K5 vs Madden 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I didn't have the money for both back then so I got 2k5 and it is the best football game I've ever played. I've had great times with other 2k games, and a lot of Madden games, even Gameday 98 was fun at the time, but 2k5 is the most fun I've ever had with an NFL game. I'm not a hardcore fanatic of that game now... I tried playing it recently and only lasted like 5 minutes because it can't compare to M22 on next gen. I know many people won't like that comment, but it's just my opinion.

2K5 was also $20 while Madden shipped for $50, which is something a lot of people forget.
How is the Franchise mode in Madden 22? I'm primarily an offline Franchise mode player. The last Madden I bought was Madden 20. How does 22 compare to 20? I didn't last very long playing 20 because of the scripted game play and animations. The one that bothered me the most was the sack animation, where a defender could sack you even if he's 5 yards away because the sack animation has already determined that you won't be able to release the ball, after you've already pressed the button to pass. Plus I felt like the X factors in 20 were too OP. Madden 18 also had the same scripted game play....common denominator? The Frostbite Engine. So I haven't played any of the newer Madden titles. When I want a modern Madden with decent graphics, my go to is Madden 16 or 17.