View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 02:36 PM   #2
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Madden 23 Wishlist

A whole litany of things:

- expanded availability of pattern matching coverages to better handle offensive trips sets (maybe even as far as explicit split field coverage calls?)
- please finally add one Nickel formation which is an Under front so defending Trips TE - Read Option is a little easier
- expanded defensive formation list in general with more modern fronts included (Boss fronts, Amoeba fronts, etc.)
- refactor depth charts to allow explicit assignment of formation based positions (Nose Tackle, Under Tackle, Leo, Elephant, Sam, Mike, Will, Jack, etc.)
- expanded defensive tactics and strategies; E-T stunts, creeper blitzes, read blitzes, etc.
- an edge rush which works upfield and gets chased around the pocket rather than stonewalled at the first point of contact
- some amount of restrictions on game functionality at the line of scrimmage for non-Superstar quarterbacks (ex. limit or disable Hot Routes, Audibles, and Playmaker run flip)
- add a Green Dot player on defense and similarly restrict defensive presnap functionality based on his abilities

- refactor Home Field Advantage based on feedback I delivered in my post-mortem thread

- update financial model and contracts in franchise mode (money guaranteed at signing, annual roster bonuses, simple contract restructuring, etc.)
- add compensatory draft picks
- add back fifth year rookie option
- make CPU teams more aware of the salary cap during trade negotiations and other team building tasks; ex. a trade for Patrick Mahomes should be literally impossible for salary cap reasons, even before considering compensation

- fix all one million bugs currently present in custom playbooks
- provide better support for custom playbooks throughout the game

- add booster draft leagues into Ultimate Team
- add Draft Champions leagues into Ultimate Team

I’m sure I’ll think of more later. I am loosely aware that some of these things have been on my Madden wish list for at least a decade now, though, so I’m not exactly entering this offseason with high hopes. But I’m going to have an increasingly harder time engaging with this game as the on- and off-field mechanics and tactics fall 30 years and further behind what happens in real life.