View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 03:11 AM   #7
doncicfan77
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: w/ NHL:LE's shutdown soon, any way to d/l official roster updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambanana
I've been trying to get current rosters for RPCS3 but legitimately cannot make Bruteforce Save Data work at all despite several tutorials and someone in another thread trying to give me instructions.
I had to make sure I was running BFSD in Administrator Mode, and, very importantly, had to add an entry for NHL Legacy to the games.conf file in BFSD's installation folder (if you open that file in a txt editor, you'll see it has entries for all the NHL games up to 15, but not Legacy, so you just have to add it at the bottom). Before I did that, the Decrypt PFD option was greyed out and I couldn't decrypt the roster file.

Just on the .0001% chance the games.conf issue happens to be your problem, this is what you should copy/paste into the file (at the bottom on a new line, for simplicity's sake):

Code:
; "NHL® Legacy Edition"
[BLUS31540]
;disc_hash_key=
secure_file_id:*=45415F53504F5254535F4E484C313600
If the roster save you're trying to install (the folder with SYSDATA and PARAM.SFO inside it) isn't named BLUS315400200, that _might_ also be an issue, not certain about that though. BLUS31540 is obviously the game's ID, and then the last four numbers are different depending on the type of save. The game uses 0200 for rosters, and so the first rosters saved will be BLUS315400200, the second will be 0201, and so on. I sorta remember reading where a guy was having issues because he was trying to install rosters with a suffix of 0202, i.e. the third roster save of the guy who uploaded them, but the guy who downloaded them didn't have any other roster files, so the game was getting confused by the 0202 since it expects to find a 0200 and 0201 first. Take all that with a grain of salt, just something I vaguely remember