Old 03-26-2022, 10:37 PM   #25
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
At the outset, I would hope they can get all the legit FBS schools and conferences, at the very least. I'm doubtful they bring back Teambuilder. The game being built off the Madden engine is also somewhat concerning, if for no other reason than to hope the two games would have a distinct feel like before, but I get it.

Having the FCS schools included would be neat, like the old days, but I do not expect that at all.
The game being built on Madden's engine is my main concern, but it is expected. I'm just hoping Madden sees major changes to its engine within the next 2 games. Though you can see the improvements in the new gen, its foundation is built off the previous generations. But, the hope is the AI Playcalling and tendencies closely resembles the college game as opposed to NFL.

I do hope that Teambuilder comes back, but I don't see it coming back. I just hope that it has a good in game team builder. I just hope the game does a good job of capturing the college atmosphere and traditions. The positives of being built off of Madden, is that it should allow the devs to focus on the core game experience. I want an in-depth college experience. For me, NCAA 14 was a step back. NCAA 14 felt so streamlined and simplified compared to the past games. From Presentation to Recruiting to modes being made simple. It might be niche, but it being complicated makes it worthwhile.

I always preferred the college games to the pro counterparts. Team building in college games is a completely different experience than pro games. It's always a revolving building process compared to the pro games. Recruiting and team building just hits different. You never fill settled when you know you have to replace a player. It would be nice if they added the Transfer Portal. Where you can fill immediate holes and at the same time, it would be nice to have to be aware of a player wanting to transfer. It's a different experience building up a 1 star school from the bottom up compared to the worse team in Madden. In Madden, with a good draft and Free Agency, you c an be a playoff team by the second year and a contender by the third year and then you're just adding onto it and maintaining. In College, even if you're winning games as a 1 star school, it'll take many seasons to build that school into a powerhouse and add a couple more if you start as a coordinator at that school. That's what I want. I want to start as a coordinator at a 1 star school where after a couple good seasons, the HC moves onto a better job and I get the promotion and build that team into a powerhouse in 4-6 seasons. That's a good 7-10 seasons before you start dominating and getting tired of the mode compared to 2-3 seasons in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove