View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 10:41 PM   #7
gohogs141
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What do you want from recruiting in the upcoming game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
First off everyone's ideas are awesome.

- Canes, im on the same page with you. Give us more details that are unpredictable. It will always keep us on our A-Game.

- Gohogs141, my fav idea of yours is the position coaches having a pipeline connection to a specific state. I think that would be a small but awesome feature.

To take the pipeline feature a step further, I'd like to see a feature where you can build relationships with in-state high school coaches...

Let's say you're the HC for ECU and your pipeline states are limited, only Virginia and NC. Maybe your recruiting budget is small and you have to set your sights to recruit in-state for that season. First, you'll have to compete with UNC, NC State, Wake Forest and Duke for those in-state players. So to hedge that, during the season a local high school coach may contact you about one of his players that he feels could play on the next level. That player could be a hidden gem (1-3 star player) and may not be on the recruiting board or participated in the camps. By considering that player, you build a positive relationship with that coach, and he will continue to reach out throughout the years. If you're starting out with a 1-2 star school and its challenging to recruit, it may offer an opportunity to fill your board if necessary. It shouldn't necessarily make it easier for you to recruit, but be a useful tool. Think of this as being similar to EA NCAA March Madness, where during the season a booster would recommend a player to recruit from time to time.
I like that idea. There are just so many possibilities. Let’s say you’re playing as NC State and you hire a DB coach who lands you several recruits, then with the coaching carousel that DB coach eventually moves on to be the head coach or DC at ECU. The players he recruited to NC State aren’t playing so they opt to enter the portal and follow their old coach to ECU with that relationship built.

This stuff may require some ridiculous coding to pull off but would be pretty awesome.