AUTiger1
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
I’ll just say it to get it out of the way:

Classic has full-range variance on pitch-effort, which, if I say nothing else about it, already makes any claim of “hit the button, get pitch result” as nonsensical.

Tap, hold, quarter-hold, firm-and-long, slight hold, etc all have different effects on the pitch and also vary by pitcher and by game circumstance (confidence etc).

Sometimes a pitch will only do what you want it to with max effort. Sometimes max effort is the exact opposite of what you want. Everything in between as well.

It is wildly more interesting than the meter to say the least. I haven’t even bothered with any of the new ones because classic is impossibly fun to me.

Everything you just described can be achieved with the meter pitching input as well. Want a faster sharper breaking pitch, hold the button down longer. Want a slower more loopy curveball, just tap the button. Everything in between is there as well. Want your pitcher to pitch longer without tiring, then don't hold the button down cause if you hold the button down on every pitch the pitcher will tire faster.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets