bkrich83
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
I’ll just say it to get it out of the way:

Classic has full-range variance on pitch-effort, which, if I say nothing else about it, already makes any claim of “hit the button, get pitch result” as nonsensical.

Tap, hold, quarter-hold, firm-and-long, slight hold, etc all have different effects on the pitch and also vary by pitcher and by game circumstance (confidence etc).

Sometimes a pitch will only do what you want it to with max effort. Sometimes max effort is the exact opposite of what you want. Everything in between as well.

It is wildly more interesting than the meter to say the least. I haven’t even bothered with any of the new ones because classic is impossibly fun to me.
i will say this, I was a meter guy previously. You're spot on with how you can shape your pitches with the meter as well. My problem was, not matter how difficult I made it, it was still far to easy to hit my spots with meter pitching. So I dominated on the mound for the most part.

With Classic pitching there's enough variance on pitch location based on user input and player ratings that the CPU is actually a threat at the plate (at least to me) and most pitchers tend to pitch to their ratings, with some variance. Some days when I play my good pitchers just don't have it, and occasionally my lower rated pitchers will be on their game and pitch really well.

After playing Classic I don't think I'll ever go back to the meter.