View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 01:49 PM   #7
Detroit Tigers
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone know how Sony comes up with their ratings? 3 yr weighted average?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I think Ty is rated fairly and accurately. Just speaking to the the highwire act SDS has to perform.

A 3-year scale is the most accurate way to build a roster, IMO. There isn't 3 solid years of data for a guy like France. And I don't think it will happen, but what if Ty totally goes in the tank? How many franchises would have him as a contender for the AL batting crown?!

These guys can constantly be second guessed no matter what they choose to do.

.. at least the end user can do as they choose. That is the really all we can ask for.
Agreed it gets tricky, and this is another opportunity for me to beat the drum of editing players so that their ratings make sense TO YOU.

I have Eric Haase, dude has 99 PWR OOTB against lefties because of what he did last year. It’s ridiculous at times. How about 75 PWR? Or 85? 99!? I have his power against righties at 64 and 75 against lefties.

Miggy, similar: OOTB he had very pedestrian batter ratings, then with the roster update I downloaded suddenly he had upper-80s contact again like it’s still 2016. I have him with 74 contact against lefties and 66 contact against righties.

Etc., with the point being the ratings have to make sense to YOU first and foremost. The only shame in editing players’ ratings would be if you went around turning crappy guys into awesome ones. If you’re just editing so that stuff makes sense there has never been any shame in that. It’s all gotta make sense to the user.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 05-27-2022 at 01:54 PM.