Old 06-01-2022, 07:54 PM   #35
R1zzo23
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Thunder Up! Rebuild in OKC [NBA 2k22]

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Andre Drummond is the type of player 2K loves. He's so annoying to play against. I am not sure how to tone down the sliders to limit his effectiveness without hurting the overall gameplay.
You can add Rudy Gobert to that list as well haha! Although, Rudy has proven to be a much more dominant player IRL than Drummond these days, so this type of performance isn't much of a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz
I'll suggest running plays. Put your offensive play calling on auto and let the coach run some plays for you. Iso and PnR struggles get old quick ha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Scuzz is right.

Also running freelance sets and getting people open off of natural cuts and screens is good.

Also, consider mixing up your P&R game:
  1. If you run it from the corner, you'll notice that sometimes the defense sags off for an open shot
  2. If you run it from deep (the timeline) after telling your offense to spread out and iso, you get more time for your ballhandler to get up a head of steam and gives you more space for making decisions.
  3. If you run it from closer to the three point line, you may have better luck with pick and pop
  4. If you run it inside the three point arc, you may be a crazy person, but who knows what things will open up
The three games that I played today I ran plays pretty much all game long. I very rarely run ISO (since I'm so bad with the dribble moves) and infrequently would just call for a straight PnR as well.

Freelance is definitely something I should look into. At the very least, it seems like it would be hugely beneficial to my bench unit to just play a system rather than run a play for a specific player.

I usually run a lot of my PnR from above the break, but I should call for ISO first to get more of a spread look to give my ball handler some extra space. Pick and pop would be great, just need to run it with a guy who can shoot. I think I may need to dust off Mike Muscala and give him a try...

Interesting that running it from the corner the defense tends to sag. Regardless, we don't have many shooters so that doesn't quite help us. But, if I could ever get his jumper right, Tre Mann would be an interesting option to run it with to get his three-point shooting going.

Inside the arc?!? Maybe I need to get crazy with it!
Advertisements - Register to remove