Old 07-18-2022, 01:51 PM   #107
MBMavs20
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MBMavs20 Pitch Edits 2007-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadam7212
In a somewhat similar vein, I thought I'd mention that Gerrit Cole has been throwing a lot of cutters this season (though he shifted away from it last start after getting shelled by the Twins). Statcast has usage at 14%, Brooks a tick lower.

Also on the Yankees, Jordan Montgomery has significantly kicked up his sinker usage. I see you have the pitch in your sheet as a 2-seam and definitely defer to your pitch editing expertise re: if that's the best way to capture the pitch; I mostly am wondering how you handle if someone's repertoire shifts and a previously secondary pitch becomes their pitch 1?

Thanks for all your work here, really awesome!

Thanks for the kind words.

Unless a pitcher is a rookie or missed the previous year, I usually do not update pitchers during the season. When the season is over, I will incorporate the changes to their pitching repertoire when I start my edits at the end of this season.

As far as the 2 Seam/Sinker goes, I prefer the 2 Seam to the Sinker because according to Brooksbaseball.net, most Sinkers have more horizontal movement than vertical movement. Montgomery's Sinker has almost twice the horizontal movement than vertical movement.

Last edited by MBMavs20; 07-18-2022 at 03:26 PM.