View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 01:33 PM   #6
ILLSmak
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: To all my TRUE randoms players, how has the rec treated you this year?

On CG/LG: it was pretty good. I run rando, but I also run with my friend PG. Big + PG. Not enough to W always because he's a true PG not a dribble gawd, so it depends on how the other players behave.

As the year went on, tho, it seems like now it's getting super toxic, but to be fair I have started trolling a lot harder. People are playing way worse, so I am doing way more fist pumps. I def give people leeway to make mistakes, and I'm in there getting all the orebs I can, but when people just do some absolutely stupid stuff like explode out of the triple threat out of bounds, etc, or just come in to help over and over off the corner... I def trigger people, and I understand why it's somewhat more toxic, but otoh, I feel like some people understand my pump language and we have been able to communicate with them. Basically, if people aren't true selling and I'm not playing w/ a bunch of quitters vs a squad, I/we do OK.

I think my record has dipped below 50% overall tho because I have been taking massive losses lately because people won't play the game. Nobody knows how to play within a scheme and they don't understand that a good pg + a good big should be able to handle everything except people taking shots, and they can dribble around if they want, just not for 18 seconds.

For instance, people getting a shot clock violation is always a fist pump, or passing to me with like 2 seconds left. haha. But yeah, I feel big is super powerful this year. I wonder if any 2k league teams run a 7'3 guy. That is really underrated. Mind blowingly, if your defense is more of a scheme than man2man.

Def feels good to be big. Mouse is really wonderful, but body blocks... not so much. lol or egregious snatch blocks. I work for my blocks and get them out of the air.

I also enjoy playing my PF shooting/post big. So yea I enjoy the game a lot, but the personalities of people can be tough sometimes.

-Smak