Old 08-16-2022, 05:07 PM   #3
Lil Worm
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: My first foray into sliders. Madden 23 (All-Pro) Lower INTs and Fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
So I always mess with sliders in Madden. I usually end up coming up with a set that works for me. I've been tinkering for the last day because I feel like there are some things that need some minor, or even a couple major adjustments.

I really like the game this year, but a couple things standing out to me is the number of interceptions, fumbles, pass blocking on the CPU side, and run blocking on both sides.

I tinkered a bit and here are just a few preliminary adjustments if you are having these issues.

I'm using All-Pro, 10min Quarters right now. I may eventually test this at 14-15 minutes. I use accelerated clock at 13 seconds, but this is up to you.

First off, I changed the speed parity to 95. I've done this every year and feel it separates the men from the boys. The NFL is a fast game and fast players need to be fast. At 95 you won't see LBs chasing down WR's or fast RBs.

I changed CPU pass blocking to 40. Even with Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Kahlil Mack, and a few others, it seems a little hard to get to the QB. At 50, I was lucky to get 1 sack per game. I'm seeing 2-4 with the slider set at 40.

I also raised CPU run blocking to 55. This seems to help the better backs get through the first level a little more. Christian McCaffery only managed 40 yards at 50. But at 55, he hit me with 104 yards on 19 carries. I also raised user run blocking to 55. This seems to help the better backs play more like themselves. I'm looking into human pass blocking as well. Not sure if it needs an adjustment yet.

With INTs at 50, I was throwing about 4-5 per game. Some were blatantly my fault and just stupid throws. I'm using the new passing mechanic, accuracy plus placement. It makes it harder at first to throw well, but practice in the skills trainer helps.

I lowered INTs to 10. I threw 2 in each of two different games. One with Herbert, and one with Watson. 2 of those 4 INTs were my fault.

In the last game I played I was the Chargers vs Seahawks and was 25-41 341 yards 2 TDs and 2 INT with Herbert.

Gonna keep testing at 10, but this seems reasonable. I had CPU DBs knocking the ball away more than attempting to pick it. But it was realistic because the balls weren't thrown right into their chest. The slider at 50 would cause the DBs to be able to snag the ball much easier.

I moved fumbles down to 5. After a few games at default, there were way to many. maybe 5-6. After putting it at 5, I had one in two games.

This is all preliminary. Just thought I would post this if anyone might be interested in helping cut down some of the stuff happening a little too much.

This seems to be helping. I will report back with any other changes.

Let me know if any of this helps or you have an suggestions. I will be looking at special teams and penalties soon. As well as other gameplay sliders.

Interested in your set man! I’m working the INT slider myself, and will take it on to 10 after this game. I have gotten all the way down to 25, so was headed in that direction too.

Also for dropped passes. Not sure if it is just a coincidence, or lowering to 17 I have seen a couple this game. I will be going lower for my next match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports