View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 02:19 PM   #4
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NFL 4K23 - New 4K Remaster Mod for ESPN NFL Football

There are a lot of things about ESPN NFL Football that I miss compared to ESPN NFL 2K5, but then on that same token 2K5 also does a lot of other things better too. Standing in the pocket in 2K4 felt so good, though.

Strange as it sounds (and in franchise mode you don't dabble in these too much), but I really, really miss the SportsCenter main menus. It looked so sleek and bad-***. I remember when I first saw a shot of it in a video that somebody was filming at a gaming kiosk at E3, and it made my jaw drop. Also playing that demo disc from an OXM I got at a Safeway seeing Lincoln Financial Field for the first time was incredible. Those first-time moments are ones that I cannot ever get back, and seeing what VC was doing at the time with this game was *chef's kiss* phenomenal.

I'd like to see this resurgence before it is abandoned in favor of 2K's new football game, whatever it may be. Getting these is one silver lining of those delays.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60