ZSmit88
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dreamers & Believers | Orlando Magic

Prologue

Dreamers & Believers
Introduction

A Moment In Time
I remember when earlier NBA 2K’s dropped. I was a kid. Kobe, Shaq… KG, Duncan.. Pierce, A.I., McGrady, Vince… Wow! These guys were superstars. I still remember getting my “The Answer” sneakers, and also my T-Mac’s. In school, we used to crumble up pieces of paper and “shoot” them into the garbage cans, shouting “KOBE!”. Half the time we missed. What a time…

And now, NBA 2K23 brings us back into that world. To say I’m pumped would be an understatement.

I would say I am a basketball purist. I love the sim game. And I loved when the mid-range jumper, hand-checks, and low scoring defensive battles ruled the NBA (Detroit holding teams to 65 points? Yes please!). Before analytics took over. I still love the game and appreciate how it’s evolved, but it was a lot more special back then to be a superstar because, to be honest, the talent levels of guys today are just absurd!

...Remember when you would get benched for a pull-up three on a fastbreak? Ha!...

Anyways, the way I intend to play is going to replicate the way the NBA was played back then. I’ll be tweaking settings and sliders as I go to make sure I’m challenged, without cheesing my way through games, and having fun along the way to create a sim experience.

Presentation
I’m going to try to use a style of presentation that really captures an atmosphere of just what it was like in the early 2000’s. From the graphics in layouts, to the analysis and write-ups, and an overall approach to depict the way the game was and how the culture was back in the “Kobe Era”.

This should hit the “nostalgia bug” in all of us if done right.

Last edited by ZSmit88; 09-09-2022 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove