allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Canelo vs GGG III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I didn't order it.
I'm a coward and didn't want to watch an old GGG get schooled.
And from what I'm reading online that's exactly what's happened over the first four rounds.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
What's interesting to me watching the fight is everyone talking about how GGG looks old and gun-shy - But As bad as he looked early (rds 3-7) Alvarez looked like garbage at times too. He just doesn't have the stamina for a pressure fighter anymore imo. This fight looked like a far cry from the 1st 2 and that's on both of them.

Another thing was people angry at the scores but what about the first 2 rounds? Why are we automatically assigning them to Canelo? I actually gave Gennadiy round 1 - so I had GGG 1,8,9,11,12 (or something close to that)
So losing by 1-2 rounds is fine by me Canelo did NOT dominate rounds 1 and 2 - those could go to either guy.

Another weird observation - Canelo was scared to go to the body! I don't know why, only those guys know the little micro-moments that prevented that.

Anyway I think Canelo is fading as a fighter. HE can't throw volume of power punches anymore and gasses pretty easily (or at least that's what I'm seeing).

2 years ago he was a killer, now a lot of guys I would have had him beating I feel like he'd lose to.

GGG can still hang though, just not what he used to be - he'll probably go for 1-2 more and retire, maybe a hometown fight as his last bout.