View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 12:08 AM   #4
alabamarob
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Mike Wang : Survey on the shooting system (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Real talk. The shooting setting is not something to even be angry about. We still got FOUR options available to us. If anything, he indirectly admitted that the 1 year of development period doesn't give them enough time to get everything in that they want sometimes. However, what they managed to get in was good enough for me and kinda innovative. The ability to "move" my green window based on how I shoot or to combat input/internet latency was brilliant.

PERSONALLY, I like the current shooting system, but it's probably the closest thing to NBA 2K11 for me. Speaking as an unofficial MyTeam player, it shouldn't change. Over time, the cards are going to get better which presumably should lead to people hitting more shots. I DO like that he implied to the MyPlayer crowd that they just need to learn how to get better, and there's no plans to change it. Now, I do see PNO players getting a reasonable tweak. If anything, I would prefer NBA 2K22's shooting mechanics in that mode.

EDIT: Interesting. Reading Twitter, the comments are mostly positive. Changing release timing based on the defense seems to be the main concern.
Changing the release timing is the best thing that they have ever done. It makes shooting dynamic, and prevents the shooting from getting to easy once you have timed the basic release. Same with the layup, and floater animations. If you have to time a shot that could have 3 different release speeds, this will always keep shooting at a realistic level. But that is just my view on it.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes