View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 11:40 PM   #4
ImmortalMindz
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 23 Review - Sorry Ted, I Don't Believe

I'm torn. I agree with much of this review. I hated 23 at first, playing as I usually do CM. But then I dived into FUT... and now I'm thinking - at least for online/FUT - this is the best FIFA in years.

The content and all the ways we have to build squads without spending money is fantastic. FUT Moments is a great addition. Meanwhile, despite the short half lengths that I've in the past despised, Squad Battles plays so much better than CM - like you said, the game is tuned for shorter half lengths.

I usually don't play much online multiplayer but I dived into Rivals a few days ago and I'm enjoying it more than ever before. You can actually play real football and win rather than just skilling or glitching or abusing your way to winning. I'm playing proper football and wrecking god squads.

It's weird, some of the worst things that happen in CM gameplay I've not seen in FUT. For example, keepers are awful in CM. I've not seen the same issues in FUT. A couple days ago I packed Courtouis and he's been unreal. I experienced so many keeper mistakes in CM but have hardly seen any in FUT (near post is still an issue though).

Defending against the AI on the higher difficulties remains frustrating. Not so much in FUT Rivals. The game clearly is meant for online but for the first time it feels properly balanced, especially with the nerf to left stick dribbling and skill moves. I've had great variety in matches - I've been blown out by better players, I've blown out worse players, but I've mostly had low scoring matches.

Maybe it's because I've been winning in Rivals. Maybe I'll go on a losing streak tomorrow and revert to bashing the game. CM remains a patheticly designed and implemented game mode. The amount of bugs and glitches are unacceptable. You can't play single player on longer half matches without sliders. And yet, after barely playing 22 more than a month or so, I'm enjoying FIFA (especially FUT) and think it could be best version for online play (at least FUT) ever.