View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 01:52 AM   #36
phillyfan23
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

Played a few games, and the one and only thing I wanted to see was the CPU d-men play and if they take consistent Slapshots from the point and are a threat to score.

Sad to say that area is still sorely lacking. I even edited cpu dmen strategies to max in the cycle/shoot strategy option.

They still do not shoot nearly enough, and almost always feed the puck to the forwards to let them do the attacking. Pretty much the same as in NHL 21, 22.

They will take weak wristers 9 times out of 10 on the rare occasion that they do shoot. They do once in a while join in the rush, but again, I dont feel threatened at all by dmen scoring.

This was not the case in NHL 20, cpu dmen offensive ai was amazing. Took slapshots, took appropriate wrist shots, screen shots, one timers, leading 2 on 1 rushes. Hell, I once had 2 cpu dmen leading the 2 on 1 and scored on a one timer. They sometimes even had breakways and scored. Once a cpu dman scored a Hat trick on me. Another instance, I gave up 33 shots to the cpu, and 18 was taken by a dman in that particular game. These are all things you see in the NHL.

You wont see these things happening from nhl 21 to 23 sadly. I guess I'll be editing rosters for nhl 20 again. Sighhh....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports