View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 01:43 PM   #29
CujoMatty
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: From Reddit: EA intentionally removed “full presntation” this year

I would never entertain the idea that the development team is too small or the cycle is too short.

EA makes 1.5 billion a year on ultimate team through Madden, Fifa and NHL combined. They paid the NFL 1 billion and the players assoc 500 million for a 5 year licensing deal and 150 million a year to Fifa per year for licensing. I couldnt find info on the amount they pay the NHL but it would be less than those im sure so for arguments sake lets say 100 million a year. They would still make 5 billion dollars over a 5 year span. Thats not even including actual game sales. EA makes about 1.6 billion for game sales a year across their entire catalog so lets say conservatively 500 million of that is for these 3 games. Thats another 2.5 billion in 5 years. 7.5 billion EA would make in 5 years.

They could hire more people to reach deadlines and assure quality they just choose not to.

I know NHL isnt as popular as fifa or Madden but its still probably responsible for 1 billion of that profit in 5 years.

So again.
They could hire more people to reach deadlines and assure quality they just choose not to.

Im 48 and remember when EA was the king of all video game sports. Now its just a running joke of greed and poor quality. The sad thing is every year(me included) we just feed the monster and complain after on the internet(me included). I just want them to be so much better.