View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 10:00 PM   #2
Tweeg
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 23 Franchise Glitches- Tests, Workarounds ETC

I just ran two quick franchise tests, and here are the results.

Setup 1
Xbox Series X/Disc version
Online franchise
Head coach role
Head coach firing off
Default generated draft classes
Start with active roster in regular season

I simmed 10 years into the future before taking a look at the current coaching staffs. Nearly every team fired their original guy, but it's noticeable that a lot of those guys have HC jobs at other teams. My hunch is that helps the online mode avoid the full crash bug. No save corruption, but I don't think this was ever an issue for online franchise mode.

I entered the next draft, and did a bunch of trading down. Made my picks, simmed preseason, and then played week 1. Played meaning I picked to play the game, kicked off, and then supersimmed. Upon going back to the menu, everything was fine. No draft rewind business.

So I guess everything was cool, but man I hate not being able to control as much as I want in the online league.

Setup 2
Xbox Series X/Disc version
Offline franchise
Head coach role (1 team)
Head coach firing off
Default generated draft classes
Start with active roster in regular season

Simmed 10 years into the future, and looked at the head coaching situation. Again, nearly everyone had been fired. The difference is that there weren't any 2022 HC guys that had taken new HC jobs. This was very different from what I had found in the online version. The encouraging news, is that I fired my OC and DC, and there were a ton of guys available in the coaching pool - a lot more than when you usually start a franchise. Maybe this is new, or maybe it was always this way (I've been out of Madden for like 5 years).

At the Super Bowl, I took control of one of the teams and played the game (kick off, then sim the rest). I did not experience any franchise corruption after the game, and moved into the offseason.

I did the draft, with trade downs and everything, and it went fine. Simmed to week 1, and again, everything was fine - no draft rewind glitch.