Old 10-18-2022, 10:51 AM   #172
PernellKarl076
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Prior to the game I went in and edited the Canes defense using PernellKarl076 D man fix from 22.

Hey Jake hope all is well buddy and a big thank you for the shoutout, lol ! Very happy to see that you enjoy the game. I'm on the same boat in case you didn’t notice 😉 I'll try to give my 2 cents in your BAD section to see if it helps, because I don't see a couple in my game…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
THE BAD:

Still no neutral zone play

With my sliders I have lots, depends on the game speed I think and probably the aggression slider needs to be on the higher side

The CPU still won't set up on the PP and it's still way to easy to kill penalties and even be dominant short handed.

That's why I don't play with penalties, lol ! Try it, you'll never look back 😀

The CPU doesn't dump and chase instead they still circle back over and over until they see a possible entry into the zone, totally unrealistic

Good news, because I see them dump pretty often also… In the lines strategies, I bump the dump slider a couple of clicks to the right depending on the lines…. And I also bump the pass/shoot slider a bit to the left this time, this promote the AI to setup plays more and not only looking for the slot and shoot

Still some bad goalie animations

And while this game didn't need it I bet the CPU still won't use its time out or pull the goalie appropriately.

I've seen them pull the goalie, but it appears so far that they wait until there's less than a minute left… And you are right, I didn't them call a timeout yet

As for the HUT cry babies, I think from now on I'll go offline before I start NHL23 just in case they screw up the gameplay, lol ! Not a joke…. I mean if there's a patch fixing animation glitches and the little bugs I’ve seen here and there fine, but PLEASE EA, don't touch that gameplay !

Edit: Oh and Jake, if you really love Hockey, try my sliders with my "recommended" way how to play at least for a few games and let me know what you think ? This as never more felt like real hockey to me 😀
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 10-18-2022 at 11:32 AM.