Old 10-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #186
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Nobody is really hating on the game because of glitches or them not fixing things. I loved the NhL games the last few years.

Most of us are “pissed” because of the things removed without any reasoning or even a modicum of logic behind it.

Also, a lot of us are angry at the lack of transparency, and the flat out shifty, seedy, and downright deceiving advertising of this game before release. Implying that certain features have been “upgraded” in the game, without even the slightest mention of them being scaled back or in some cases flat out removed.

I always try and be constructive in these forums. I comment on this forum even though I do not own this version of the game, because for one I played the trial, and two NHL was my favorite sports title over the last 3 years even though hockey is not my #1 sport. I want to see if there is improvements throughout the year that may make me want to buy this years version, and also participate in discussions with other forum members.

To be honest a lot of people are pissed this year, and justifiably so. The way EA tried to sale the game this year is down right disgusting. I’m not going to sit here and act like this game is great, because it is isn’t. Even if the gameplay is better it is a scaled back version of last years game feature wise, and literal downgrade from what we have gotten in the past.

If that comes of as being negative just to be negative then I am sorry. But I just don’t have a lot of positive things to say about this years game. But I still would like to participate in the discussion and give my two cents.
Well hey I don't disagree with anything you said, I just know that as someone who has generalized anxiety disorder that I keep in mind that I cannot control a lot of things but I can control my reaction to them.

So should you speak up if something in a game really bothers you? Heck yea!

However, you should also not let yourself get caught up in obsessing on it or just using the game as some sort of proxy about other issues, game related or not.

If something really bothers me I'd email or contact in some fashion the game makers rather than only posting it here.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven