Old 10-21-2022, 02:17 AM   #188
phillyfan23
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
To give an example, one thing I hate about NHL series by EA is the AI constantly going after the puck, even on powerplays where teams generally sit back and defend.

I asked someone in the forum who had the game early about this and they said that was still the case.

I don't like the fact that this is the case but I am not going to let it ruin my fun.

Heck I don't think I even emailed or tweeted to EA about it, so I guess it's not really a deal breaker for me or I would have done that.

The penaltykilling issue can be fixed by changing team strategies. The 1-2-1 is the default for ALL teams and that has one free guy always pressing the puck carrier.

Try passive box or even diamond, and they will play more passively. Again this depends on the teams real life strategies. If they do employ the 1-2-1. You have to keep the puck moving.

Also game speed affects this, if you use out of the box game speed, you wont have time to breathe on the PP against the 1-2-1.

I have my game speed at 0/6 and skating speed at low 40s. ( default is 50/100).

Out of the box, this game to me is unplayable. I think the Dev team thinks with sliders, they have given enough tools to adjust for offline gaming. And for NHL 23, sliders alone could fix most gameplay issues, except the cpu ai dmen offensive and shooting behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports