Old 10-21-2022, 09:41 AM   #5
jake19ny
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I’m honestly loving NHL23 Positivity Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Listen, Im a long time expert veteran of this series. I used to write for OS over 10 years ago. I am ALL about presentation, gameplay, and offline franchise.

I enjoyed my time with the trial, so I went ahead and got NHL 23 and havent had this much fun in a long time. The gameplay has become polished at almost every possible moment and context within the game. Players are swinging their sticks around players, organically diving for pucks and shots in realistic ways with varied results.

I turned the goaltenders up and made them much more difficult, and it has made scoring incredibly dynamic without turning goalies into robots.

I find myself stopping to watch replays all the time, even if I have to go into the menu to do it.

The presentation, although trimmed down, really isnt half bad although it certainly could still use more replays on great saves and other awesome moments. I feel like the gameplay is so incredible at times that the game does itself a disservice by not highlighting how good it is.

Also, love the crowd and pumped up atmosphere.

Also, loving all the stat overlays and season specific lines by the announcers.

EA is so close to a masterpiece IMO…and Im a harsh critic who has barely played for the last few years out of boredom with the game.

Cheers.
I agree. I've been playing this series since it came out on SEGA, yup I'm old. This is the first time since NHL 14 on PS3 and NHL 09 mdded on PC that I'm loving the game. Would you mind sharing your goalie edits? It is one area I'd like to improve while doing my rosters for my season mode.��
Advertisements - Register to remove