Old 10-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #192
NYJin2011tm
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 23 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeWhy
I’m balancing that right now. I’m getting called a ton, as I re-learn how and when to be aggressive with stick lifts and pokes. But I’m not seeing many others, so I’ve been bumping it up.

I try to stick as close to out of the box as possible, but I do think they have some smart sliders in the game.

One thing I noticed right away was that Human strategy adjustment default is three this year. It’s always launched at zero. Since I don’t make many on the fly adjustments anymore, I’ve been playing with it set at 3 or 4 for years.

There was a time I loved changing them up myself, but I’ve grown tired of it. It eliminates the main thing you see people complain about, that the CPU doesn’t change tactics.

If you change tactics, the CPU will. If you don’t, then CPU will stick with the same strategy, unless it needs to catch-up or protect a lead, which leaves you at an even greater disadvantage, because the CPU adjusted to game conditions, while you didn’t.
I do the same play with it on three. I can’t be bothered in game doing that I just want to play. I’ll let the “coach” handle that. I do the same with NBA game too.