View Single Post
Old 02-19-2023, 12:27 PM   #85
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Just picked up the game today and have only played through the tutorial and then 3 Heavyweight fights.

Very early impressions:
1: The game looks great overall
2: Way too many punches are thrown in a given round. This is largely due to the lack of a true inside fighting system and while clinching is in the game, it does not happen enough and there needs to be a whole system dedicated to the clinch.
3: As others have noted, the AI throws way too many body punches. I used Frazier against Ali and Ali threw almost twice as many body punches as head punches. Not realistic or true to Ali at all.
4: As others have noted, the damage system seems off just in general.

Now I know and understand this is still in development, and there is a lot of promise in this game; however, in its current state it is not a great boxing game. It certainly has that potential and I hope they are able to maximize that potential.

I am hoping that when they add the ability to create fighters they allow the ability to set favorite punches, typical punches, etc for each fighter. This is something Fight Night Champions did and I was able to make the AI fight fairly close to the real fighters. I hope they add that ability to edit their roster as well.

I will certainly continue to play and I am hopeful the game continues to move in the right direction. I will say, I have fun playing it which is certainly an important aspect of any game.
Advertisements - Register to remove