Old 03-07-2023, 12:57 AM   #3
leoribas3
Rookie

leoribas3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Simple features that should already be in 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
I feel you had to reach hard for these "simple features" to complain about.

The first complaint about pressing a button to have a replay is a weird one for me. Yes, NBA Live has this, but it's there to compensate the fact that the game has no broadcast logic. So instead of increasing the authenticity of a television broadcast, they gave it to the user.

2Ks replay system is integrated in the broadcasting presentation itself. The focus is to make the game have a realistic presentation to that you see on television. I have never minded pausing the game to have full control of replays and have always thought the replay system in NBA Live would often miss what you wanted to see anyway.

The other complaints sounds more like a you problem. I actually don't know what you're meaning on the third complaint. I think the system overall is simple enough. At least it isn't nearly as convoluted as Maddens offensive adjustments setting hot zones and such. Now that sucks!

To add to the thread, why can't we choose to skip the halftime show all together. I hate pounding on a button to have delayed and minor cuts to the halftime show. Let us skip it.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk
The first point is just an option. You simply dont press it if you dont want to. You can like 2Ks presentation, I do too, but its a simple feature that would add to the experience of a lot of people. The game prioritizes dunks, blocks and alley oops on thr replays. A lot of times I pull off a sick combo dribble move and finish with a layup and no replay happens. Thats also the case for stepback shots. Theres never replays on those. This feature solves the problem and you dont need to use it if you dont want to.

The second point, the button prompt is MISSING. Pull up your on the fly subs menu right now. It will show you the players that are on the court, and you can sub them. The R2/L2 button prompt to scroll to the predefined lineups (Starters/defense/etc) is missing. You have to guess what button to press until you find out its the triggers.

New players most likely struggle to switch lineups and call specific playbook plays, since it also occurs when you try to call plays.

Sure, you can get used to it and just remember it. Or they could fix the ****ing prompt and save us the mental gymnastics.