Old 03-27-2023, 12:43 AM   #6
JWDixon120
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Watching early release videos of scouting and the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The biggest shortcoming with the draft has been the lack of players capable of becoming legitimate MLB level players. It has been that way since the changed from linear to performance based progression. Sounded like a realistic idea but with so few decent prospects being generated they all need to develop in order to have a sustainable franchise.

Just my 2 cents and obviously SDS doesn't care which is fine. It's their game.

I feel the complete opposite here tbh.

Every franchise I’ve ever had long term needs Draft Class editing to reduce the potentials. Prospects in this game never flame out. They almost always hit their potential mark.

That + base roster having so many B and A potentials completely shatters any realism.

On ‘23, I’ve done a 15 year sim to test if they adjusted progression or regression (they have not)

In 2023, using the base roster, there are 30 90+ OVR Players

In 2028, there are 60+ 90 OVR players

In 2038, there are 75+ 90 OVR players.

It gets to the point where you have 84 OVR Pitchers still in AAA because rotations are so loaded.

Luckily you can use custom rosters that reduce these potentials to help with this issue, but Draft Classes still must be edited.

It’s unfortunate that they are not Customizable. That feature should have been added years ago.