View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 10:41 AM   #8
Freakywwe
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: F1 Manager 2023 Releases on July 31 - Gameplay Trailer Revealed

Yeah, after playing this all weekend I can confidently say this is such an improvement over '22 it's not even funny. The driver confidence feature is tremendous and makes every weekend truly feel dynamic and different, and the additional costs and changes to development make it really hard to just throw all your money into one part and suddenly dominate the grid after 10 races

As an example, playing as Ferrari, LeClerc has obviously been my #1 driver, but just got done the weekend in Spain. Leclerc got taken out twice during practice (Which ended up costing upwards of 6.6 million just to get his car setup again for the GP since I was foolish and didn't make any extra parts, so had to use emergency manufacturing to remake virtually the entire thing twice), but on top of that, with no virtually no practice time, he was a sitting duck. He ended up qualifying P8 (When he's averaging anywhere from P5-P1 when confident) and couldn't get anything going during the GP, struggling for overtakes and being overtaken by the likes of Williams and Haas.

It was a breath of fresh air, this kind of stuff never happened in '22 and does a whole lot at making you actually excited for each race weekend