Old 10-06-2023, 02:57 PM   #8
CM Hooe
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What is EA doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
I'll preface this with: I plan on getting the names of the audibles/formations later this evening..

I've been playing since the update and my audibles are ALL screwed up. When I swap formations in several different set audibles, my DT1 decides to run backwards and move to the FS position, while my FS decides to come up and play DT. It wasn't like this prior and has only been doing this since the changes made. Not sure why it's doing this.

I will make sure I get the formations and what audibles are causing this, but I've yet to find a fix for it. It's kind of maddening.
I've noticed this too when audibling between formations EA Sports originally intended for "4-3" defenses and formations intended for "3-4" defenses. The way each position on the field is indexed relative to one another across different formations doesn't match up, which is causing players to reposition themselves in a way which is visually jarring and in some cases actively disruptive to playing sound football.

Again, the entire way Madden handles defensive playbooks needs an actual do-over.