Old 11-03-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
tinpanalley
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 2K10 PS2 UPDATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlanrays2022
I'm making an updated version of the game
As far as anyone here will be able to tell you -- I am almost 100% certain -- modding the audio isn't going to happen unless you find a way to take apart the game yourself in some way that nobody else before has. Given that no 2K games from that era have ever had audio modded at all (to my knowledge) I would expect it simply isn't possible or hasn't been ever explored. I know a couple of people over the past 10 years here and in other communities who were technically capable of doing this kind of work and said it was complicated to the point of being impossible and not worth it. Also, most of us here are perfectly happy with just up to date rosters. If you've figured out how to edit textures then all the better.
The "worth it" factor is another thing to consider. Because I would say, honestly, that you will find very few people, I'm talking maybe a few handfuls of people at best who will bother playing 2K10 on PS2. You could get really large numbers of people intersted in a 2K5 mod. But not 2K10. But feel free to do what you like, of course. There's just certain games that get attention in this community and 2K10 for PS2 isn't one of them. Others here can chime in but I don't think their views would be much different than mine.