Old 12-28-2023, 04:02 PM   #49
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Whew, I'm excited. Let's get that out of the way first.

Looking for an overhaul to recruiting to make it more difficult. A numbers system is too easy to manipulate if over time you can upgrade how much you can use.

Atmosphere is important. Madden is bland, NCAA 14 to this day is better in overall Atmosphere. Chants, tradition, and sound bites/music need to be taken serious.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
I agree. I really didn't like how streamlined recruiting got in NCAA 14. Not only was it easy to manipulate it, there was blatant ways to cheat the system. All someone would have to do is just save before the week was done and keep reloading the mode until the guy accepts your offer. In a way, they could do what they did prior to NCAA 14 with the phone calls, but also modernized it. Without getting too unrealistic. Have unofficial visits to go along with official visits, decommits and Flips. I would like to see a recruiting page that goes over the recruiting storylines. I would like to see recruits posting their top 6-10 schools, future classes where guys could progress or regress star levels, JUCOs rankings. Probably don't need to be able to sign future recruits, but it would be nice to at least see player rankings. Also would be nice to see HS statistics. Also would be nice to see player ranking being affected by player's size. It would be realistic to see a 6'4 250 DE get a high ranking than a 6'2 225 DE. I want to see guys gain and lose weight. It would be more realistic to see more 160-180lb WR/DB/RB or 200-220lb LB who gain weight over seasons.

My biggest recruiting wish is just to be able to edit recruits. In a perfect world, I want to be able to download recruiting classes. I feel that the community would make more unique and diverse players. It feels like in most sports games draft classes have very little variety. But with the uncertainty that we will even have roster share, to be able to edit recruits would be the next best thing. Even if they lock it to before the offseason recruiting process begins, it would be nice to edit the recruits. I would like to go through and make more diverse and unique player's. I would like to be able to edit player rankings.

Atmosphere is very important. NCAA always did a better job with atmosphere than Madden IMO. Even NCAA Basketball had great atmosphere. I still think NCAA Basketball 10 had one of the best atmosphere/presentation in sports gaming. But, I feel atmosphere is more important for a college sports game compared to pro sports. I do think based on the Matt Brown information, it does seem like EA Sports is taking that seriously. My thing is that they don't streamline it. It felt like NCAA 14 streamlined everything. Even atmosphere/presentation felt streamlined.

I just hope that they go all out with EA CFB. A streamlined approach can work with games like Madden, NBA2k, and other professional sports games. Even though College Football is popular, it's still a niche enough sport where streamlining it won't work. Outside of the first couple years, CFB isn't expected to be a major seller. It isn't a flagship title. It's one thing with a NFL or NBA game, you can get away from streamlining it because it's going to sell well regardless. Those games have huge hardcore crowds, so in order to attract more casual gamers, you have to streamline it in order to make it less complex. You dont have to sell to a hardcore gamer when its a very popular genre. But when you have a niche title, you have to sell to the intended hardcore. You're not going to persuade a hardcore niche gamer when you over-simplify a niche title. They have to go all out with trying to replicate the ins and outs of College Football