View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 02:36 PM   #4
Collegefbfan
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Fig Newton's Louisville Cardinals

"We are coming to you from a semi-freezing Nashville, Tennessee. This is Late Kick Live with me, Josh Pate. And just like that, the BCS National Championship is over, and whoa, do we have some things to discuss here. Just go ahead and put up the stats. All I will say about this game: you expected the Louisville offense to show up, you knew the Louisville offense would show up. But guess who showed up even more? That Louisville defense. This Cardinals' defense allowed no points until the 4th quarter. The Louisville defense forced three interceptions. The offense did the job in a number of ways. Taking care of the ball, sustaining long drives, and scoring on these drives. Speaking of long drives, the Cardinals held onto the ball for close to 40 minutes. Coach Newton has done a fine job with this Louisville team. Two Big East championships, an Orange Bowl win, a BCS National Title, and the nation's longest winning streak. Where do the Louisville Cardinals go from here? Where does Coach Fig Newton go? All of my intel says he stays put. All of these things will be answered next season. That's all for tonight fans. See you next season."