View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 06:00 PM   #4
Dawgfan1
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Tomorrow - Patch Notes

As long as everything in this patch works as described (especially the cup physics fixes) and no major issues are created by it, I'm somewhat pleased with it. The cup physics are the biggest win for me, it was probably the most pressing problem with the game and I hope the reason it took several months to fix is cause they wanted to get it right (and making "new tech" would probably add to that). The new green view looks really cool, definitely makes it more realistic for sim players that we'd already know the general green breaks for approach shots instead of blindly guessing or relying on past experience. Adding turn-based stroke play is pretty good for online players, I know that's been wanted from launch. Good stuff all around, though I wish it took less time than this after the Ryder Cup update to get a solid patch.

For the future, I'd like to see some more transparency regarding what the roadmap is for this year. Maybe things aren't quite finalized yet, but as soon as they can I'd like to see confirmation and info for what they plan to do this year i.e. adding 2024 major courses. I feel like their communication has dipped since the Ryder Cup update, even giving us some info on what they're working on for additions and fixes would be nice. I'm glad the cup physics are purportedly getting fixed now, but it wasn't great getting no updates on that apart from one mention in a video they did with TheApexHound back in Aug/Sep.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United