View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 09:22 AM   #3
bcruise
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: The Show Camera Conversation

Like the thread idea!

Hitting: Strike Zone 3. I know, I know it has those two dreaded words in it, but it's more like a slightly zoomed-in Fisheye if you've never used it. Still gives a nice aesthetic view of the field while allowing me to judge the ball's location and height well. Been in love this this camera since it was introduced many years ago.

In Play Offense: Dynamic. And this is the other reason I like Strike Zone 3 - it transitions very nicely into this camera without cutting away. It's a sort-of-fixed perspective from behind home plate, panning to track the ball during its flight. It's really good for helping me judge where the ball will land and if I'm safe to move runners. Plus it just looks beautiful.

Have to split pitching/fielding into Online and Offline preferences:

Pitching Offline: Broadcast. I probably don't need to explain this one. Will just add that the unique angles for every stadium really add a lot to the presentation.

Fielding Offline: Dynamic. While this dynamic camera cuts away (sort of has to since it's switching perspectives), it gives a nice-looking view of the area of the field in play. Camera range is wide enough to see everything I need to when playing CPU.

Pitching Online: Catcher (or any behind-the-plate camera, really). Yeah, that's right, I pitch from behind the plate online. It's mostly so I I'm able to watch the runners for any potential cheese and so I don't get disoriented from the perspective switching.

Fielding Online: Usually High. Again, it's function over form here - as pretty as Dynamic can be, it leaves some blind spots that can be exploited by unrealistic baserunning. It also gives more consistent lines when fielding the ball.