View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 09:39 PM   #15
UFCMPunk
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Backlash France 5/4/24

I just started the show and damn the crowd is already insane. Singing Orton's theme song word for word was absolutely incredible.

- That entire sequence before the Tag match to Aldis coming out and making it a street fight was so good. It was like WWE told them to do what Bad Bunny & Priest did last year but in a Tag Team Match. Certainly expected Jacob Fatu to debut but Tonga's brother was a nice surprise. Fun fact, last time Tanga Loa was in WWE, he had a different name.... Camacho.

- Bayley needs a new theme.... enough has been said about Def Rebel lately so I won't pile on but it just doesn't fit. Good match, no complaints. Tiffany looked good in defeat, she's definitely winning MITB or the Rumble in 2025.

- Nice tease with Jey getting ready for his match when Solo and the Bloodline walk by him. The look on Heyman's face says a lot without saying any words. Great match here, Priest is showing why they put the title on him and he's been on a role since his match with Bad Bunny at Backlash last year. Finn vs Damian when?

- When I saw the card only 5 matches, I thought maybe they could have added 1 or 2 more. Then watching the Women's Tag Title match and I'm reminded why this works so well. The Women have time to get their stuff in and tell a story, opposed to having limited time or some time getting cut. So far... every match has killed it. Congrats to Bianca & Jade.

- Main Event already? Damn. The fans singing Cody's song even after the song is over was amazing. Good match between the two, thinking we'll get a rematch at King/Queen of The Ring perhaps?
Advertisements - Register to remove