View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 01:36 PM   #15
offensive_junkie
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: College Sports Are the Ultimate Sports Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do wonder how it will be with them using real player names in commentary. Fowler said last week that the final session will be recording as many players names as possible in a couple weeks. So, I'd imagine his final recording session will be the week after the April 30th deadline. I don't think they'll go into as much detail with College Players as it would be with Pro players. Maybe the notable players will go more lines, but I think it'll mostly be them recording the player's names and EA stitching them to lines. I would be okay with that. I just hope that there are improvements to the audio engine with the game being current gen only. I wouldn't want to hear a robotic lines like "That was a great pass by...Quinn Ewers"

But, I do agree about preferring the commentary to stay on current. I'll be okay with hearing about Past success. But, I wouldn't want to hear about Georgia winning 2 in a row or Michigan winning a Championship "last year" when it's 3-5 years down the line. As long as they do a good job of tracking what's happening around the nation and the season, I'm happy. Even for a game like NBA 2k that does a good job of talking about what's happening in season, it's just stats and power rankings. Having Studio Updates again will be great. But, it'll be nice for sports games to track and talk about what's happening around the league, so rhat it feels like what's happening outside of your team actually matters.

They probably won’t be saying a bunch of lineman names unless they are high profile guys
Advertisements - Register to remove