View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #3
FAIRDALE_KINGS
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Are you worried about NCAA Football - Next-gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

I know I am.

After seeing Madden, I really hope they don't go the same route with NCAA. In fact, and you started seeing this more the past 2 years, it seems as if the two games maybe "borrowed" from one another, but really were developed with their own depiction of the sport in mind.

Anyone else have this worry?

Pared....

I definitely feel the same way. I am worried about the direction that the NCAA Football series will follow on the 360. Especially, as you stated, due to the fact that NCAA and Madden have been borrowing so many things from each other the last few years.

Some people have complained about the gameplay for the last two years but I have been satisfied with the gameplay and NCAA Football continues to be my favorite game. I continued to play NCAA Football 2005 into May of this past year while most had given up on the game just months after the release. And I want to make this clear for those who may not be familiar with me... I am one of the biggest supporters of the NCAA series.

But my biggest fear is that NCAA Football 2007 will be a watered-down version of the current edition and that it will not live up to the hype on the 360. Sure, it will be nice eye candy... but the gameplay will be lacking, as well as the modes within the game. Even with a year to develop the game for the 360 there will be short-comings. EA has done it every time that a game goes to a new platform.

And finally... I'm hoping that there will be a means for roster editors like myself to continue to share our work with the public. We have become spoiled by using the Action Replay on the XBOX but what is in the works for the 360.