View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
blurredvision
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Help with PC Madden 06, it's running at 5x the normal speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texranger
I also have a dual core (4200+), Just wondering if you are using an ATI card, I had a simliar issue a while back with a 9600xt. 1st thing I did was lower the AGP bus speed in the BIOS (from 8x to 4x) because the cpu thought I was overclocking my card. This seemed to help some but it was never quite right, it was either to fast or too slow.

In anycase, I ended up buying a 6800gt. Now I can run the game with all of the settings maxed out at 1600x1200 w/ no issues.

Wish I could help more....maybe post your specs....
I'm running a 7800GT. I went from a single-core 3200+ & 6800GT to my 3800+ dual-core & 7800GT. New motherboard was in the works as well. Other parts include 1GB of PC3200, X-Fi Platinum card, nothing else really too special. The controller being used is a wireless Rumblepad 2.

I wish I could figure this out, I'd really like to play some football right now. I haven't done any troubleshooting besides reinstalling the game, because I just don't know where to start. I've had this same issue on multiple revisions of Forceware video drivers, so that's not it. I haven't upgraded any motherboard drivers, maybe that's where I'll turn next.
Advertisements - Register to remove