Old 12-16-2005, 10:22 AM   #28
edaddy
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I Was Wrong About Madden 360!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
the super db is here,maybe not as rampant as in the xbox and ps2 version, but he is here, and suction blocking happens on everyplay, if not on the line then it happens in the secondary...i've played on the line, and i try to dive left, but the cpu sucks me into an animation that forces me to go right and into a diving OT block, it then forces me to jump over the lineman and fall to the ground and out of the play...i have no control over that and i should.

i never go off of other reviews for any game that i buy(especially sports), if i did, i would never have purchased inside drive, and the nfl fever series... not to mention i haven't read any reviews that mentioned the things that i have stated, they all talk aboput lack of features, and not once did i mention anything about a missing feature.the only feature that the reviewers did not mention,the main one that is missing is football basics(tackling,running,blocking,catching).all my complaints deal with gameplay issues,unless you count football basics as a feature. believe me i have the game, as a matter of fact, it's my second copy because my son likes it so i had to buy it again, the first one was returned.

if this game is built from the ground up, then why are the same problems that plagued the previous maddens still here?? why not make sure the gameplay is as tight as a drum above and before anything else??
i am a sports fan(football,hoops,boxing,baseball in that order), and gaming is one of my hobbies and your right, i never will be satisfied while we(gamers)are fed garbage and are being told that it's prime rib, and with no other football game in town we are screwed. that is a little unsetteling to me when the only offering of one of my favorite sports is a $60 demo. i am not here to piss anyone off, that's not my thing, i simply stated my gameplay experience like everyone else has,but because i was more critical and pointed out flaws and was not willing to accept it i am trying to piss people off?? well i guess the next thing your gonna tell me is that i am out of the club...

what doesn't make sense is you accuse me of tryin' to piss people off when all i did was state what the game does. if that pisses you off, then why doesn't the game piss you off for doing the things that i stated???
I agree with you 100% man, unfortunately if you express your views as anything other than positive you will get a negative response...Not only on this site but almost evry sports -gaming site that is pro-madden...Sometimes love is blind and people who stand by the game will overlook the SAME flaws every year..and will rationalize it by saying it will be in next years Madden..I too was a big supporter of Madden..matter of fact every one since the genesis days but for the last 3 years I just have that feeling that I am being ripped off...When I bought the 360 version I KNEW I was ripped off...so I myself will stp making excuses for Madden..I hear ya though