View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #1813
Misfit
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, Damon is one of my favorite players on the Red Sox and he's a great lead-off man. However, will I feel the same way in 2009 or 2010, which is how long he'll be here (theretically). Coco Crisp on the other hand, is a very good, young player. He's 26 and if you go buy OPS he was actually a slightly better player than Damon last year. And he's not looking like a one year wonder as he was comparably good in 2004. I don't really like the idea of giving up both Marte and Mota to get him though, unless the Red Sox think they have the Mota of 2005 instead of the 2004 version. We'll have to see how this shakes out. If Crisp is merely a contingency plan in case Damon walks, then he's a pretty good one, at any rate. Reed sucks, I don't want the Sox to get him.

And on another note, Roger Clemens has said he will only consider pitching for these four teams: Astros, Rangers, Yankees, and Red Sox. A decision likely won't come for another month though and it's quite possible he will only be willing to pitch for half a season. That makes it pretty hard for these clubs to plan their rotation for the season. I guess you just go into the season with your 5, and whoever id doing the the worst gets demoted to the bullpen to make room for the Rocket. I still think it sounds too much like a fairy tale to have Roger finish his career in Boston, but I'll continue to hope.