Old 01-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #49
daflyboys
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 roster update/tweak ver 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
I think for example RB usually kill defense,for example they don't have to fight for more yards.Also it'd be great to have Punt retur players that in some case can go for TD,instead of beeing stopped always after 10 yards.I mean only great Punt retur players not all.
Anyway I think it'd be great if you could post here an updated roster (like Rickster v.8) including all your tweaks.
Last thing,maybe I think that NFL 2K give more power to defense in general,so if you could tweak secondary for example to avoid QB get 3 INT every game.
All in all I really enjoy your work!!
I think that the RB factor can easily be addressed by increasing the cpu tackling slider. If you've never tried to play with it maximized, you'll see what I mean. Plus, as far as the cpu RB's vs. you, see what kind of data you get for an entire season. I think you should adjust your own pursuit/tackle (human) slider based on the relative strength of your team.

As far as PR/KR yardage, unfortunately, that's a function of the game. 2K4 did this much better imo, which is why I wanted to focus on that game. Replay any given punt or kick return and watch the blockers....or rather watch all the non-blockers. It doesn't even seem to matter if you would temporarily up the blocking slider just for that play......it just a shame.

At present, the QB's and DB's are tweaked for cutting down INT's. This again, is a slider/tweak combo issue which I still need to look into. I'm probably going to have to knock some additional things down with DB's and even LB's to minimize the INT's.....it's all a tough balance, but I believe I'm close.

As far as when rosters will be ready......I just need to have more time to look through depth charts and exactly how I want to make the changes. Some positions need to be changed as well. It's too bad you can't make roster/depth changes in the editor like you can with Finn's hockey editor....unless there's something in the latest version whereby you can and I missed it?