Old 01-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #20
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
According to the Globe, I believe, it looks like Theo is going after Crisp once again. I'd much rather have Crisp than Griffey as Crisp gives us a young, established center fielder who can also lead-off but has the bat of someone who could hit lower in the order (he's a younger Damon but isn't as polished a fielder or baserunner at this point). Rumor has it that any deal for Crisp would cost the Red Sox Marte. I am fine with that. Crisp isn't some old guy, he's pretty young and trading a guy who has yet to prove he's as good as he can be hitting at the lower levels for an estalbished Major-League player is a good deal. Plus, when have the Braves ever traded away a highly-touted prospect that turned out great? I honestly cannot think of one. A deal would also likely cost the Red Sox a starting pitcher, probably Arroyo. As long as Marte is the only prospect they are giving up, I'm fine with that.
I would be fine with dealing Marte to get Crisp as well. He's a decent CF with good OBP, is only 26 years old and I think has 3-4 years before he's eligible for FA. I think the sticking point will be the Red Sox wanting to send Clement while the Indians will want Arroyo.