Old 02-06-2006, 04:00 AM   #5
Rickster101
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: manually updating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
Um...that was a little harsh Rick. All I think he was trying to ask was whether he could look at the files others have done and redo the edits himself without downloading. I think that's a fair question, and ripping on him without even bothering to regard his question is a little uncalled for.

That being said...Pinky, you can download a file that one of the fine editors on this site has done, and once in Flying Finn's editor (something you can find a link to all over the place on this forum) you should be able to look at stats in plain text and edit them on your XBOX/PS2. That being said, doing it that way would be a giant pain in the rear, and I would advise you instead shelling out the money to get an AR. The files people do here are absolutely fantastic. I'll even go out of my way to recommend the work that people like Rick and DFB are doing on edits--they're simply fantastic.

The long and the short of it is that, yes, what you want to do is possible, but it will drain your life, and 20 dollars for an AR is a worthwhile investment.

Perhaps you are correct and I may have come down hard on the young (Pinky) man, I didn't intend on insulting anyones feelings.

However I am a mature individual and see any type of effort involved in pursusing this kind of project something that should be looked into with a serious commitment (if you want a realistic game) in order to produce serious results...its a mindset of mine which I've set for myself as a higher "Standard" for what I do so if I've offended him (Pinky) or you I do apologize.

There really is no easy way to describe the time and effort involved in doing any type of project work so detailed in producing and updating rosters and gameplay dealing with 2k Football and DLing and purchasing an AR will not be an effective answer to the process let alone the use of Finns editor and its functions and limitations.

The greatest source of knowledge is and can be found in the threads that practically address most questions that have since been answered and if you haven't read any of that information presented here then how can one even begin to understand the whole process involved.

Its takes a certain thirst of knowledge and true commitment to actually get this game and its quirks to stand out so you can attempt to even understand why it does what it does.

This certain knowledge can't be just downloaded and understood but more rather read thought about and seen then tested and gameplayed to see these results.

I make no claim to knowing everything this game does and is capablities but unless you actually do some work on it there is know way to do rosters,edits or anything eles that would have it play up to better standards.

Editing can be a frustrating process in itself because knowing what and how to edit is a must, an indepth knowledge of the NFL and its gameplay also is a must so you can see and achive a realistic playing game.

Yes you can use the editor and an AR device but unless you know how to use them you might as well throw your hard earned dollars out a window.

Finn has refined his editors with great vigor and has delivered them with well recieved results however he himself has had to update and refine them in versions to correct bugs and other issues concerning them and their effect on certain aspects effecting the game and its hardcode that is already programmed in the game.

Its a fantastic shareware product in which I'm sure he is quite proud of but in order to use it one must understand it and its applications and read what he has posted in his opening statements concerning its use and applications.

And finally reading the threads is an excellent way to introduce yourself to what others have done in order to give you an understanding to what the whole process is about coming from members who have an interest such as yours and have actually particapated in the process to better understand what should and should not be done or what does and does not work.

Its not as easy as some may have you believe it is a labor of love and doing this kind of project can have its downside so be forwarned this isn't something you want to do if you don't have a serious commitment to producing a fine and finished product in the form of rosters, edits and/or gameplay settings.

My intentions are honest I assure you and delivering a fine and finished product as close to what VC themselves would have done is my ultimate goal since they aren't in the buisness anymore leaving me to find alternate ways to squeeze out every bit of longevity from this game as it will let me and up to this point I hope I haven't disappointed.

All I'm saying is to read the threads and see the volumes of threads posted already, you don't need them all but you most definatley need to start somewhere and they're seperated in a way that makes it easy to navigate and find something to point you in a direction to be better understood just what it is you need to know and simple DLs aren't going to give you that,you need and want answers...having keys to a car doesn't mean you know how to drive it!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 02-06-2006 at 04:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove