Old 02-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #51
KBomber
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
What are you trying to accomplish? your opinion has been stated and noted. Are you trying to get Clay to change his opinion of the game? You do realize that is what a review is, right? Just an opinion.
I understand that. I also understand that to voice my opinion isn't wrong either. My understanding was that this thread was generated to discuss the merits of the review. Have I been wrong in that understanding? If I was, then I guess I should take it all back, because my posts were based on that premise. From my perspective, I made comment and have engaged in a dialogue with yourself and seemingly the entire mod staff here relative to how my opinion and Clay's differ. When you guys have challenged me on my POV I have responded in retrospect. To me that's a conversation. What do you characterize it as?

When people challenge me on my viewpoint, I take it as them having at least connected to it in some way. If I didn't give a rat's *** about the quality of material coming out of this site, I'd write you guys off in the same way I write off other reviewers. I actually read and responded to this review. Take that as a compliment. Beyond that, I've voiced a POV in the interest that maybe the next time Clay or you or another of the reviewers here puts together a review that maybe you consider those impressions of how a review might be formatted as considerable.

Do I want you guys to see everything my way? Well it'd be nice, but in all honesty, no I don't. The only way that this genre advances is if there are a lot of ideas out there and a lot of opinions on how these games can be better.

If I didn't think that the review staff here is capable of better, would I have even piped up in the first place? Ask yourself that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I don't share a lot of the same opinions on games with other members of the staff, as I'm sure others do.

I wasn't a fan of ESPN NFL2K5, the staff here loved it and most still do love it. I don't like Winning Eleven, most of the staff does. I prefered EA's NHL 06, everyone else liked NHL2K6. I'm not going to flip out and get ticked off because someone doesn't like the same game I do or doesn't like the same game I do.

Just chill out.

Oh, and have fun.
I want both EA and VC to be out there making the best games that they can make. Participation sports have been lost to me for over 25 years due to severe injury. These games are my outlet. I am passionate about them. When I consider these games I appreciate the efforts that move the entire genre forward. When games come out and rehash and regress, I think we as a community need to stand up and make absolute note of it. You guys have highlighted the "Virtual gamers are a bunch of suckers" comment that I made. Just remember, I am one of those suckers, but we also need to remember that as a community we also have a relevant voice that needs to be heard.

In your comment, you highlight a number of titles that provide different experiences. That to me is a good thing, that the variety of offerings has allowed you to find a representation of a sport that meets with how you are comfortable interpreting the experience of those games. Look at the collection of games that I have. You'll see those there. I'm a fan

When I think of this site I think of a medium that should be taking more of an active role in that regard. That's why I post here. To me, that's what your mandate should be. Whether you choose to act on that or not is the perogative of you, the owners. If you ask me what my position is on OS, I'm going to tell you that I expect more. I expect better. That was the interest of my original post. That you didn't see it as that, is your issue. Would you rather have no comment, blind agreement, or the challenge to do better? It depends on where you want this site to go

If you want to take shots at me guys, go ahead. It's not going to change how I perceive this site or my thoughts on what it can be. You can take that and think about it a while. Maybe it'll help you understand why some might "flip out like someone had robbed [my] house"

If it doesn't matter to you, why do you do it?

Have fun..................

PS: If you have anything else on me personally that you like to discuss, maybe just drop me a PM -- we can discuss what a heretic I am in a less public forum

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Advertisements - Register to remove