View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
TheMatrix31
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Great post, BG.

Obviously the main weakness is the bullpen, and I sure as hell hope that pickups like Remlinger, Cormier are going to shore it up. Chris Reitsma has to prove that he can be a legit closer in the league. Personally, I have my doubts, but what can you do? But either way, lots of unproven guys in there, so it might be a little rough.

The bench looks solid. It looks like we got a lot of young guys, although people that will be able to come in and fill in for a hurt starter or just to give guys a rest. I feel confident in having these guys come in and their ability to get a big hit or pinch-run. That said, I think losing Julio Franco will hurt us. His veteran leadership and seemingly never-ending ability to contribute was huge for us.

The plus side of Julio leaving is that we can finally get to see Adam LaRoche in an everyday role. He needs to get more consistent, but I believe it's there.

Saltalamacchia's nickname should already be obvious...Salty.

I, for one, hope we dont trade Kelly or Ryan. I believe the depth out in the outfield is going to be a big asset to us, seeing as how there are usually a lot of injuries and day-to-day things that happen out there.

Losing Leo is gonna be big, but I'm hoping like hell that Roger can step in and do the same sort of thing Leo did. For starters, I just hope that Horacio can get it together. Before he got hurt in 04, he was kicking some major ***, but ever since then, it's just been bad. I hope he can get some consistency, we'll need it. We also need Jorge Sosa to repeat what he did last year and not revert to his old ways. I remember early on before he started to kick it into high gear, it was painful for me to watch his starts.

That said, let's get behind this Braves team and make it 15 in a row, baby!

And oh, yeah, let's get this team out of the first round.....

GO BRAVES!