View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #65
GBrushTWood
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

My early thoughts...

- Don't care about the Manny situation. Can't imagine why anybody would.

- Foulke seems to be saying all the right things. We'll see if he can return to the 90-91 MPH level on his fastball. Don't forget: He couldn't locate his changeup at all last year, so this will be key to watch as well. I'm tempering my optimism on Foulke, because the moment he blows one save (and it will happen sooner or later), people are going to start ripping the guy. He seems primed as public enemy #1 for some reason. No clue why.

- I'm just waiting for one of the team's on the West Coast to find one of their projected starters has an injury. This should trigger Wells departure.

- I'm real worried about Lowell. This guy has disaster written all over him IMHO. If he gets off to a slow start (and this is a very real possibility), people are going to absolutely tear this guy a new one, given how much he is making. I hope I'm wrong on this one, because his contribution could really change the nature of the lineup IMO.

- The late innings infield defense has me feeling pretty damn good. Lowell, Gonzalez (has he shown up yet?), Loretta, Snow. That appears to be quite solid defensively.
Advertisements - Register to remove