Old 02-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Rickster101
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: During the offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
is there a time when you can have more then 54 players on your roster? If it is possible, could someone send me a gamesave with that occurring... I want to get back to work on the practice squad stuff I started previously and it would be a big help.
That time might be somewhere in the off season if at all and you still can't carry but only so many players on the roster 54/55 for the season if I'm correct after signings and FA moves, there just isn't any room for more players due to the roster limit thats most likely pre-set (hardcoded/pre-programmed) to hold only so many but the games set up should have included slots simular to the ones you're attempting to open up...I really hope you can pull this off!!!

I can't really recall a roster with more then 54/55 players on it and in my experiences when attempting to add addtional players I've gotten a message indicating that this roster is full.

I believe its something pre-set to the games set up as far as slot positions available for rosters, strange that the VC crew didn't think this out ahead of time and designate such slots for players to be placed in because in the real NFL its never an issue due to such options like NFL Europe, injury reserve and practice squads...more slots are needed for sure to keep personel with their respective teams and avoid those crazy issues about placing them in FA, someone should have figured this out long ago and the only place I've seen it used/done for managing team and GM buisness concerning rosters was in "Front Page Sports" a PC Football simulation and probably the best true sim in a Football game ever!!!

Perhaps something created like a buffer or holding page file to designate certain players to teams associated with the roster and the ability to call them up or hold them there so they don't move around and are available only to the team associated to that file...just a thought but one that might work, how to impliment it into the game at this point I have no real idea but if anyone can do it then you're da man when it comes to the actual building and programming for such a feature!!!

I wish I had something to send or show Finn you but I don't think anyones gotten around that issue and in all likelyhood it'll probably be your editor that will open that aspect of the game up (if possible) and make the roster issues more workable and even more realistic, if I can help in anyway let me know I'm all for it!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101